With the pandemic taking over the world, 2020 has been a bizarre year for all of humanity. Almost half the year is over and most of us can claim that it has been strange, changing the way we live, eat, work, socialise and much more. While the lockdown has been eased, we are still figuring out how to get back on track, armed with masks, sanitisers and our strong will. The pandemic didn’t just change our lifestyle but also our perspective on various different matters. The two most important lessons that the pandemic taught us are maintaining proper hygiene and prioritising our health.
While it has been drilled into our brains to sanitise and wash our hands every few hours and avoid contact with others, we’re still working towards prioritising our health. Health here, doesn’t just mean how fit you are but also your mental health. These times have taken a toll on everyone and is often reflected in our mental state of being. As per studies, depression and anxiety is at an all-time high, especially among healthcare workers and people with high infection rate. This, coupled with the loneliness and isolation of lockdown has led to a mental health crisis for many.
The best way to get a grip on your mental health would be to seek professional help and speak to a therapist, especially if you were suffering from mental health problems in the past. A healthy body & healthy mind along with a strong immune system have been saving many people for succumbing to the pandemic. Here are a few ways you can maintain your health and feel better:
- Reduce Stress Levels: It is essential to reduce your stress levels. Chronic stress can harm your body and affect your immune system, owing to increasing levels of cortisol. Increasing stress can lead to depression and anxiety disorders. Living around plenty of greenery and indulging in leisure time activities like yoga, dancing or playing sports can help to reduce your stress levels.
- Increase Physical Activity: Regular physical activity can strengthen your immune system and keep your body fit. Light exercise, yoga, walks or playing some sport like cricket, football, tennis, etc. will not just improve your immune system but release endorphins to keep your mood in check.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: A diet rich in nutrients is compulsory for all ages. Fruits and green vegetables should be a part of your daily diet. It is also advised to reduce your intake of sugar, processed foods, trans fat, etc. To boost your immune system, vitamin C should be consumed regularly. It is also okay to give in to your cravings once in a while. The most important part is to enjoy the food you eat.
- Spend Time Outdoors: Spending time outdoors in the sun provides your body with Vitamin D and can improve your mood. For people living in gated complexes with proper security, it is easy to head out for a walk, run or spend time outdoors in the gardens and terraces while taking all the precautions and maintaining social distance.
- Stay in Touch: Though social distancing is the current norm, it is essential that you virtually stay in touch with your loved ones. It is also a great time to strengthen social bonds with people in your community, like your neighbours and other residents of your society.
- Accept Your Feelings: It is normal to feel sad, frustrated or vulnerable in such trying times. Everyone is finding their own way to cope with this pandemic and its a work in progress for most people. Practice empathy, kindness and share what you feel with others. Consider professional help if required and follow a daily routine to avoid the feeling of desolation.
- Lead an Easy-going Life: With all the responsibilities that a person has, it is normal to get carried away with work or other things till we can’t cope. Don’t forget to take a break and make a conscious effort to take some time off and find pleasure in the little things of life.
Our lifestyle is a personal choice but it is always better to choose our health over everything else. Working on this lifestyle choice can be a task but the real estate properties in Kolkata by Srijan Realty make this easier for you. With easy access to sprawling green gardens and lawns as well as state-of-the-art amenities, it becomes simpler to lead a more active lifestyle while being surrounded by nature, which in turn reduces your stress levels and helps refresh your mind. Living in Srijan homes can make your life simpler and improve your health. To know more about our properties, visit www.srijanrealty.com.